The Antares Navigation SDK can add turn-by-turn navigation functionality to applications, with the same ease of use as the Antares Maps SDK. The component can be integrated with many routing services, by leveraging a common routing interface. In the case of leaving the desired route, a new route is automatically requested from the connected service.
The navigation component supports easy navigation by displaying the route on the map, the automatic setting of the map’s centre, rotation and zoom, audio and visual clues for navigation actions, and the display of the below basic information:
- ETA / time to destination
- time to the next navigation action
- distance to destination
- distance to the next navigation action
- type of next action (icon)
- name of the next street
- current speed
Callbacks are provided for all major events of the navigation (moving along the route, reaching a navigation event, re-routing, etc.) to facilitate adding custom application logic.
The Navigation SDK supports the voice navigation in 32 languages on Android.
- integration of custom routing services :
- Antares Routing Engine
- modified OpenTripPlanner within TIMON Project
- turn-by-turn navigation
- audio and visual navigation clues
- useful information (ETA, distance to destination, etc.)
- automatic re-planning
- custom application logic (callbacks for all navigation events)
- easy integration